Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to recognize because of how slowly hearing loss typically advances. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults seldom even think of scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you keep track of the health of your hearing?
It’s important to have routine hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to crank up the TV volume? Do noisy environments make conversations challenging? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you said yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing test every decade and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations provide a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, enabling you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, such as earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be detected early on by regular hearing exams, preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions could improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and overall quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or a loved one’s voice.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing test with us right away.